Monday, June 23, 2014

Cluster 13 CER

Create

My rules and expectations will be outlined and communicated to my students in the beginning of the school year. I would want this to be a day that my students and their parents are present. I want both my students and their parents to understand what I feel is necessary for them to receive the most out of their learning environment.  I would want both my students and their parents to sign a contract verifying they have read and understood my expectations for the school year. Rules are not made to limit the freedom of my students but, to ensure they reach their academic potential.
In my classroom I would encourage individuality. If there is something that makes my student more comfortable and encourage them to stand out from everyone else in a healthy way I am in full support of it.  I would want my children to feel comfortable with the environment they are in because, they would spend so many hours of the day there.
There would be bathroom pass and only one of each gender would be allowed out at a time. I would also have a designated time for trips to the bathroom if my classroom did not have a bathroom already in it. 
The students will line up in alphabetical order to leave the classroom. There will be classroom chores assignments. The students will also have a big schedule posted in the front of the classroom that we will follow. 
Evaluate 
Find the article I researched here
"The use of group contingencies for preventing and managing disruptive behaviors."
This article says that the teacher should be allowed to focus on teaching appropriate behaviors to all students rather than focusing on suppressing behaviors that aren't desirable. Students may find more motivation in their school work if they are allowed to participate in group work. 
Relate 
I believe that everyone deserves a chance and separate accommodations to give them the best possible way to grow. No child should feel excluded or should have trouble following what is occurring. I t takes a great teacher to make students WANT to learn so I plan to be all that I can be

No comments:

Post a Comment