Monday, June 23, 2014

Cluster 6 CER










In my community is my neighbors and my family. I live in a location that there is nothing but bodies of water and house. There arent any stores near by everything requires a car to drive to. The children are very important in my community. They are always outside playing and we have signs all over saying we love our children please drive slow. The only thing that needs to be known are we are a big loving community and as long as you have a big heart and are willing to be helpful you'll be accepted. I have attached a picture of the local Newburgh Walmart because that is a place we shop at very often and the local Newburgh Applebee's because that is where I work and I consider all of my coworkers part of my community.

Evaluate
In Sudan a woman had been sentenced to death by hanging for marrying a Christian man. Although she is legally married in Sudan Christian marriages are not recognized so she is accused of committing adultery. She was giving the opportunity to convert to Muslim and live but she refused.
She was recently released.
On the defending Muslim end, this woman has committed a crime because she is pregnant by this man. This is considered a crime because her marriage is not recognized by Sudan officials although their marriage is legal
On the opposing side this woman is legally married and her marriage should be recognized and respected. She should not be pressured to convert to Muslim.
Although Muslim is the religion practiced in Sudan I do not believe everyone should be forced to practice it. If someone is married and practicing another religion as sentence of death is extreme and awful. Thank God she was released. I hope she finds resources to move elsewhere and practice her religion freely.
 relate

Relate 
I took my test here 
The test revealed that my hidden biased is in age. I prefer children versus teenagers.
I do not believe that if teachers had biases they would ever reveal it. However, they might score like me. teachers choose the grades they want to specialize in for a reason. Some find it easier to children versus older children and some are the exact opposite. Some teachers might prefer to teach in surburban areas versus city areas and that might influence which race or ethnicity they want to teach. teachers might impeade their biases on students without even knowing. This can affect the students negatively and cause them to change their viewpoints on what they previously thought and believed.

No comments:

Post a Comment